Road: Denver & Rio Grande Western Road #: 592
From: 1927 To: 1938 Class: none Gauge: Standard
Acquired: Used Name:
Builder: D&RGW;, 1927 Wt: 0 Tract. Eff.: 0
Wheel Arr.: Motor Car Cylinders: Drivers: 0.00
Photographs: p 144 , pp 52-53 , Otto Perry Photo shown above
- Built by Pullman in 1898 as RGW coach #216.
- Renumbered D&RG; 784 in 1909
- Rebuilt as combination baggage-coach in 1920.
- Equipped with two Continental 6-cylinder 100 hp engines in 1927 at Burnham
- It was used briefly on the Leadville and Creede branches prior to 1930.
- Engines were removed in November 1938 and the car was subsequently used on the Aspen Branch mixed.
- It was retired in 1951