In 1881, the Baldwin locomotive company built 12 C-19 class 2-8-0 engines for the Denver & Rio Grande RR. In 1916, the D&RG sold number 409 to the Rio Grande Southern RR. The RGS renumbered it to 41. In November 1951, the 41 was sold to Knotts Berry Farm in Los Angeles where it has operated since. Last year the 41 came to Durango where the Durango & Silverton NGRR contracted to rebuild it. This week the work was completed and the 41 was taken out for test runs on the line to Rockwood. The 41 last operated in Durango in 1949 or 1950. A truly historic event.